To use state medical insurance to pay for this class you must fill out the Birth Center pre-registration form(click on the link below)..
THREE options for filling out your Maternity Pre-registration form:
- Register now for a Family Birth Center Tour. Choose a date prior to the start of your Labor and Birth class. You will have an opportunity to fill out the form during the classroom portion of the Tour.
- Print and return this Birth Center pre-registration form prior to the start date of the class. You may then e-mail it to email@example.com, drop it off at the Birth Center or mail it to:
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
Attn: Family Birth Center Education Department
P.O. Box 1600
Vancouver, WA 98668
- Call Patient Registration at 360-514-2421 and let them know that you'd like to fill out your Maternity Pre-registration over the phone.
This series of classes is a three day format
- Labor and Birth preparation Saturday and Sunday, 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm*
- Breastfeeding and Baby Care class on Saturday only. The time for this class can vary. Please refer to your confirmation email for exact time.
NOTE: Some months the Breastfeeding and Baby Care class will run prior to the Labor and Birth classes. The time of the class on your confirmation reply will help you to know which class is running first. Please call if you need clarification.
Learn about the wonderful process of birth and everything you need to know for those first few weeks at home with your new baby. This comprehensive three day series prepares you for both. Topics addressed include breathing techniques, relaxation skills, medications and anesthesia options for pain management. Other topics covered are variations of labor, cesarean birth, newborn care and breastfeeding basics. Register early and plan to take this class during the last two or three months of your pregnancy. This will help insure space availability and that your class finishes before your due date.
Please register for yourself only, there is available seating for you to bring one support person.
*Please bring two or three pillows and a blanket to class.
Additonal classes that might be of interest include
Dads 101: New Dads Workshop and CPR for Friends and Family.