Know Your Numbers screening evaluates your risk for cardiovascular disease, which is a leading cause of death in the United States. It is largely predictable and preventable. This screening provides an opportunity to learn more about heart disease and your risk factors, as well as prevention and treatment strategies. Registration is required.
The screening program includes the following:
- Resting EKG (electrocardiogram), interpreted by a physician
- Body Mass Index (from height and weight measurements)
- Resting blood pressure
- Fasting cholesterol test (includes total, LDL and HDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and a total/HDL ratio)
- Fasting Blood glucose test to screen for diabetes risk
- Private consultation with a health educator trained in cardiac risk factor management. The screening takes only 45 minutes, but the benefits last a lifetime.
- Wear light, comfortable clothing. You will need to remove your shoes.
- Fast for 12 hours - no food or drink (especially beverages with caffeine)
- $59.00 payable when you arrive.
For more information call (541) 222-7216.